Monday, November 14, 2005

Those aren’t my leaves

Ahhh, the burbs.
And so we begin the annual leaf swap. This is where you either rake all the leaves in your yard – only to be replaced by your neighbors leaves (Heeyyy, those aren’t my leaves).
Or you wait… until everyone else is done and become the bane of the neighborhood (Nope, those aren’t my leaves).

A favorite sport of mine is raking on a really windy day. Makes for a good spectator sport as well.

On Sunday, my strong wife and I were out raking the leaves. When we were done with the side yard she suggested we go rake in front of the stone wall. I told her no worry – all taken care of. I was smirking.
My neighbor has the coveted Cyclone Rake… so with my tractor; I blew the leaves from our front yard out into the road. The cars speeding by whisked them away to the neighbor’s front yard.
Tee hee.
All is fair in love and leaves.

No comments: