Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'm not a felon, but they don't know that yet

Next week, here at the office, we are all going to be fingerprinted.
No one has given us an actual, plausible explanation - tho its fairly obvious... since we work with highly confidential personal data.

As to be expected, many folks are in a nit about it.
Personally, I am excited. I don't think I have ever been fingerprinted.
Well... there was that 'incident' in upstate New York. Tho I can't quite remember if they fingerprinted me or not.

I felt like I was in Mayberry.
The synopsis goes like this:
- around midnight driving through nowhere on our way to Canada, circa 1989
- stopped for really minor traffic violation
- I was a passenger and arrested on an open container charge
- my empty beer bottle was marked as 'Exhibit A'
- almost got into more trouble for laughing at the labeling of my Michelob
- I had to ride in the patrol car to the police station/court house
- the officer and I chatted about real estate prices and rising insurance costs
- the judge was called in from home, he was wearing a flannel shirt
- I was asked if I wanted a lawyer, and again... the laughing
- I pleaded guilty to drinking a beer (technically it was only 1/2 a beer...)
- payed a 20.00 fine to be release into the custody of my giggling wife

This can't possibly come up on my record... can it?
Ha!

No comments: