Thursday, January 25, 2007

Oh..right

It occurs to me that I never followed up on our counter installation.
(well...it didn't actually occur to me - I was reminded)

Plus, we needed some extra time to finish the back splash for the final pictures. (ok, ok not that much time)

Ok so...
the counters used to be green, and clearly that needed to change.




As I told you the installation was harrowing:

First we removed the old counter. We put the old counter on sawhorses close by so we could use it as a reference. Tho we quickly learned that we would not be able to transfer the old measurements. I began to panic.
Lucky me, my mathematical wife steps in with a pencil:

After penciling in the proper measurements, she adds tape so that the foot of the saw won't scratch the new counter.

My intelligent and attractive wife has me check the final measurements one more time. You get one shot with a sink hole. If you mess up - you can toss the whole counter out:


Then we use a hole saw in each corner:


After all four holes are drilled we simply cut the straight edges with a jig saw. I am using a small kerf laminate (down-cut) blade, so as not to chip the laminate during the cut.

Look! it FITS!

Some things we leave to the professionals. The plumber came the next day.


Then my creative wife finished up with a stone tile back splash (during this process I got to wipe things, get her fresh water, and open the wine when she was done).





Notice the sink rack in the bottom of the oddly shaped sink. Initially we went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get a rack to protect our happy new sink - but we dismayed with the selection. I found these custom racks made by the manufacturer online. I do so love the internets.

No comments: