Monday, May 14, 2007

Just when you thought...

We have spoken of my spring anxiety...and of my looooong list of things to do.
Well - just when you thought you had a plan to get things under control and get some stuff done... the Universe - it plays with us.

This morning... while doing nothing more than squatting down to get something off a low shelf - it seems I may have torn my meniscus (this is evidently the cartilage in my knee). This is not a definitive diagnosis yet. There are tests to be done, results to review, and treatments to discuss.
In the meantime - there are crutches and pain meds.
weese is
out
of
commission.

And let me just say how amazingly blessed I am to have a son strong enough to lift me.
If he hadn't been home I can just imagine I would have had to call 911 for them to get me out of the basement. And since one of the projects underway was cleaning the basement, there was no way I was letting any EMT's down there without straitening up a bit. And since standing was impossible... we would have had a serious problem here.

14 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Oh Weese, no! Ouch! You poor thing! {{{ hugs }}}

maxine said...

Be extra careful with the cocktails/pain meds interactions and restx3!

xo

Trop said...

Ouch! I hope it isn't too serious. So sorry.

clammy said...

good thing you didn't have to straighten up :) sorry to read about your injury. I hope it's not too bad.

Syd said...

I guess I'm going to be the only one insensitive enough to laugh at the thought of you not letting the EMTs down there...slithering around, trying to straighten up.

Seriously though, I'm sorry for your pain.

Deb Heller said...

Oh, my goodness. I am so sorry! I'm there, too, so I know what you're going through. I have a torn meniscus, and my bone doc says there's other stuff going on. The pain isn't as bad as when I first tore it, but he says it needs to be fixed, along with a few other things.

So, my advise: Take good care of what you have left! Keep your muscles toned. That's the key.

e-Hugs!
.

Val said...

Ouch...and I'm with Syd on laughing with what your priorities were with regards to the 'straigtening up' stuff! TOO funny, but hope you're feeling better soon.
Guess we won't be seeing you walking around the work complex anytime soon! ;)

WenWhit said...

DAMN, woman. There's nothing hot about torn cartilege, damnit. And you were on such a roll. ;p

I'm sorry you're hurting, Weesie.

Suzanne said...

Oh no!

I'm going to join Syd briefly in insensitivity and chuckle as I imagine Ferris carrying you up that basement staircase. It is a good thing he was home!

Hope you heal quickly.

Anonymous said...

I think it's ok that we can laugh because, apparently, the Universe was also laughing. The Universe tends to have a problem with plans. Not a planner, the Universe. No.

So what hurts worse - your knee or the fact that there's all that stuff to do and you can't do a damn thing about it?

Take care, chica...heed Maxine's advice.

~eb

Middle Girl said...

Boo..torn anything.. ack. :(

hope you feel better soon!

chapin said...

Yikes...you better take care of yourself lady. I'm glad Ferris was there to offer assitance.

A few years ago I fell down the stairs while carrying the laundry basket. The only thing that ran through my head??? Don't Spill the Dirty Clothes!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no - hope that it isn't too bad. I did mine several years ago - but didn't know it until I managed to tear my ACL almost completely in half . Nothing quite as disconcerting as a dangling leg. . .

Lachlan said...

Having torn my lateral meniscus, I can relate. I hope that that is all it is, as opposed to ligament damage.

Hang in there!