Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our clever kitty

Welp, it took all of 3 days.
Sorsha (aka the FREE cat) is now coming when she is called and eating her dinner right on our covered porch.
She eats very fast and is certainly a little nervous. But I feel better about this than leaving food in the back of the garage - where who knows who is eating it.

Last night, glowing in our success - I suggested to my cautious wife that perhaps we could train her to come into the basement on cold nights, and did she think that the basement window in the far corner might be an ideal spot for a cat door.

My wise wife agreed that it might be possible and encouraged me to think more on the matter.

Of course, I came to the conclusion later that evening that perhaps it was not such a good idea after all.

My gentle wife simply nodded.
She is so good at this.
She is so good at me.

Let's see how I fare as the temperatures drop below freezing this week.

7 comments:

SassyFemme said...

So you're now the cat whisperers. Can I hire you to come have a chat with Max, and teach him what to do with the mice?

Anonymous said...

there *are* electronic or magnetic doors you can purchase so that your critter is the only one allowed in (no unlicensed critters admitted!).

and wooo-hooo on your whispering techniques!

chapin said...

Please come and try this on my students. I need a child whisperer!!

LostInColor said...

oh you can definitely teach clever kitty to come into the basement via a cat door!

weese said...

ah yes. the electronic pet door. however this would require a collar on the pet.
we barely get to see this cat - let alone touch her.

we are considering a heated pet mat for the garage now. i found one online that said it was good for ferals.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Great work :o) Lucky kitty.

SassyFemme said...

The heated mat... is it electric, or is it one that radiates their own heat back onto them? We looked at those last year, and were just talking about looking again. Of course ours would be for inside, just because we hate the idea of them being chilly... and we refuse to believe they get under the covers when we're not home.