Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday

tip-o-day

Time to bring in your screens for the winter.
It's not essential that they come in - but it not only helps them to last longer, it will brighten up your home by letting in more light.

Remember when you are taking them in and washing the windows for winter it's also a good time to wipe out your sills. If you find you have hard to remove stains on them or on the exterior window casings, try the Magic Eraser. I have had great success with this little gem on our aluminum window trim.

2 comments:

Meaner Dog said...

Really?? You take your screens off for the winter? That has never even crossed my mind, but I suppose it makes sense. I had solar screens installed on the South and West side of my house to cut down in the late afternoon sun during the summer. It sure blocked a lot of sun and heat. I guess it would brighten the place up a little for the winter. I don't know where I would store them. Hmmmm..............

LostInColor said...

screenless windows are nice. I hate cleaning windows tho.