Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's all the talk

You're all writing about it... everyone is talking about it.
There is really not much more that I can add.

We did trace out the states on a white board so my enthusiastic wife could color them in as the results poured in.
Tho more fun than that was watching Ferris try to name them. We raised him to be a true New Englander - anything in between Pennsylvania and California is sort of a gray area.


He did surprisingly well tho, so I guess the tuition is paying off.


We are Obama supporters and so we toasted* at midnight. Congratulations to us.
For those of you who stood with McCain, I offer you cheer now instead of condolence. It was a good race, a good campaign. We all stood on our sides - and now we are one again, moving forward.

Peace.

*yes, I do like a little 'splash' in my bubbly.


Oh, and ... I do send my condolences to all my pals in California. I was surprised and and saddened by the outcome of Proposition 8.

7 comments:

Syd said...

What were the results for Question 1 on your ballot? I haven't heard...

sageweb said...

SO happy about Obama..bummed that our rights were voted away.

Hey we did the whole map thing too...except we had a tough time with all the east coast states. We had to google a few times to figure out where certain states were. That east coast is so mysterious.

weese said...

syd - Question 1 did NOT pass.
so, unlike many other states we are secure here in marriage.
c'mon up and get married. My wife is still a JP!

Syd said...

Thanks Weese. I couldn't find the answer online. Good to hear.

DawgDyke said...

This is for your wife

'I've got ADD and a new 12 pack of markers .. oh the fun I'll have!'

Robin said...

I stand with you. Great post.

Val said...

nice.