Friday, November 14, 2008

Eating crow

Isn't that a silly saying? I bet it tastes like chicken.

Ok, so yesterday a friend asked if we were going to join in on this protest thingame-whatsy going on tomorrow -- evidently all over the country -- in peaceful opposition to the goings on in California. (prop 8 for those of you under rocks).


Fight the H8 in Your State


But I said we had things to do. We have yard work, and house work, and several projects in the midst. We have no time for protesting... and the last thing I wanted to do was stand out in the rain with 12 people I don't know. You know how these grass roots things can be. Small, underfunded, poorly attended. I just wasn't interested.

I even did a little research on the whole movement. For goodness sakes - it was a website started just last week by some woman on her lunch hour.

I mean really... call me when you have something real going on.

Welp, after gentle prodding by a blog friend, and finding out this morning that the HRC is now endorsing this nationwide event, and I hear that LMF is now on board as well... I'm listening.

It seems there may be something real going on.

Who knows... maybe we'll make some history.

5 comments:

Jesse said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you've changed your mind :)

Eating crow IS a weird saying.

LostInColor said...

I'm planning on going to one here in Colorado.

Anonymous said...

I have grave issues with HRC, their behavior is no where near as inclusive as they make out, but...

this rally/march/protest across the country is legit. wisconsin is having 3 or 4 different ones in different parts of the state.

glad you are on track with it!!

sageweb said...

I am going to the one is Long Beach...the last one drew over 2000 people..and it was fun..so I will be there...plenty of sites with cool signs to print out. Bring a sign! Join the fight!

Jen said...

Whew...you had me worried for a minute. We will be doing our part in Seattle too.