Thursday, November 13, 2008

I do...

It occurred to me after reading the post of good friend, and checking our messages on the answering machine last night -that I may have been remiss not mentioning that yesterday was the first day same sex marriages could be performed in Connecticut.

Yay CT!

The messages on our machine were from two couples looking for my officially-elected wife to perform wedding ceremonies.

Yay for weddings!

It struck me they both used the word 'marriage' in their messages. We could always tell in the past if it were a gay or straight ceremony based on the language of the message.

Yay for marriages!

As for us... no, we did not get married yesterday.
A girl's gotta plan you know.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

I second all your yays! And another yay to your officially elected wife. I hope she unites lots and lots of couples for many years to come.

I expect that you'll post a link to your registry when the time comes?

(Our multitalented officiant followed up by painting my sign for a Prop. 8 protest march. It's unlikely that the MAW will be called upon to put her artistic talents to use in such a way, but you have to admit, that's full-service wedding officiating!)

SassyFemme said...

The Weese's registry? Now there's something to ponder. Will it be Home Depot? Ikea? Bed, Bath, and Beyond? Something else? The possibilities to ponder!

We briefly discussed getting our license yesterday, but ultimately decided to take care of the other business we already had planned.

LostInColor said...

Yay yay! I like that!

chapin said...

Yeah!! I hope your wife keeps wicked busy. Don't forget to give those of us far away adequate warning before you jump the broom. :-)

Val said...

yes, the planning is the fun part! :)