Monday, August 17, 2009

turn the heat up

Last week I blogged about being hot.

It was technically not that hot outside, in fact it was quite comfortable. Here in my home office,however, in our un-air-conditioned attic things were a bit steamier.

Today temps are predicted to go into the mid 90's.
Should be interesting up here today.
At high noon - my office temp is 81.

It takes until mid afternoon to really get toasty up here. All that radiant warmth off our Timberline dark gray architectural shingles just swirls in here.

I'll update with a thermometer pic later this afternoon.
If I can stand the heat.


4:40 p.m. update - the sun went in...its only 84 degrees up here. I think I will survive after all.

5 comments:

Val said...

u need central a/c... or move your office downstairs or out on your shady porch

e said...

oh, the strategies with windows open/closed, drapes drawn, fans placed perfectly... summer.

i like summer, but it has been freakishly hot this summer in the pacific northwest. the older i get (and i'm now 50) the narrow the range of my comfort zone. we've got more hot weather predicted for this week and i'm just dreading it.

come on fall!

Anonymous said...

You know, Weese, they make these fancy schmancy contraptions nowadays, they call them window air conditioners. ;)

sageweb said...

I freeze in my office, I wear a winter jacket all day. They have the AC blasting, it averages 64 degrees..which is cold to sit at a computer and try to work.

CJ said...

Glad to hear you will survive!!