Friday, June 25, 2004

Big balls

That’s something I don’t get to say much. You know… due to my curious lack of athletic ability. But these balls I don’t have to throw, catch or chase after.
My health conscience wife has decided that we need to sit on big balls at work…rather than our ergonomically inferior office chairs. She says it will improve posture, and stimulate, rather than stagnate, our muscles. I am a bit skeptical. I keep thinking I am going to roll off of it. I have images of myself bouncing out of my cubicle and down the hall…
My sister in law just got one, she works for a colossal insurance company – and here is what she had to say:
I have gotten at least 10 visitors to my desk today wondering what the heck I am sitting on. Mostly strangers too. They are all completely dumbfounded by the concept of sitting on a ball. Only one lady seemed to understand. I have a feeling that people are going to start showing up here because they heard about the crazy girl who sits on a ball. They will come from the other side of the building to see if the rumors are true!!

I did some online research – and have strongly suggested we at least purchase the ‘anti-burst’ model – for obvious reasons. It also came up over cocktails last night that I may prefer a hippity-hop. Then I can just bounce my way to all my meetings…
I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: