Monday, August 04, 2008

I have a vagina, not a brain disorder

(warning... this is an unusually sexist post. please do not generalize my sexism. the sexism blatantly alluded to in this post is a direct result of a specific incident and is not a true reflection on my actual feelings toward anyone of any gender)


When I called regarding my broken tractor I was mindful not to sound cocky and certainly not to sound like a 'know it all' - so I carefully explained in great detail the symptoms of my tractors demise to the penis'ed mechanic.

After a polite silence he asked me if I would like them to come pick it up.
Um... yes please.

After some poking around initial diagnostics - apparently with complete disregard for the details I provided - they put in a new fuse and charged it up and sent it right back home to me.

Where the exact same set of problems happened.

This time I asserted myself on the phone.
A part has been ordered... on my description alone.

It's a tractor people, not a moon rocket.

8 comments:

Val said...

Loved the term "penis'ed", but in keeping with the 'tude of the post,k perhaps "vagina-challenged" would have been more appropriate, no?!!! :)

Good for you!

Landlady of Fat said...

I was "vagina-challenged" for 12 years.

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Love the title.

SassyFemme said...

Kick some penis'ed ass, Weese!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, tell me about it. My sister and I fixed their ride on mower ourselves after one such 'go round.' We ended up looking up the problem on a net forum, examining the mower, and going to buy the part ourselves.
Her penis'ed husband was very impressed, as were we.

Meaner Dog said...

I've been trying for an entire day to come up with a decent comment. It's just not happening. I often get frustrated with the entire thought process of (some) men. I'm not a man hater. I'm not a lesbian. But, GOD!!! They can sometimes get on my last nerve!! Oops...sorry for venting!

sageweb said...

I have ran in to the same problem with the penis folk except not a tractor just car shit...it drives me nuts.

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to this. I wish I couldn't, but I can... I HATE it when I have car trouble because I already know how the conversation will go before it even begins. How I wish I could find a penisless garage and/or home renovation company.