Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Law

Have you heard all the rumblings about dropping the drinking age here in Connecticut?
Seems all the universities here are getting behind it.
Can you believe this!!???

And they couldn't get their act together to do this a couple of years ago.
The savings in lawyer fees alone ...

And if any of you out there are MADD ... lemme just tell you this. If the law says you can take my son* to another country and strap a gun on him and make him shoot people...then the law better sell him a tall cold one too.

I am all for it.
I think we will have much more responsible drinkers coming out of university than we do now.

*or my daughter... tho now she is too old for either of these issues to be relevant. :)

10 comments:

Jesse said...

Amen to that. I say 18 is a good age. Old enough to live alone, should be old enough to drink a beer.

LostInColor said...

Totally agree with you!

Anonymous said...

I would like to see it as 19 for both drinking and armed service . High School kids shouldnt be drinking or given a gun go to war. Get em out of high school first

Val said...

I agree with ya.

Anonymous said...

old enough to be sent to war, damn sure old enough to belly-up to the bar.

sageweb said...

They are drinking anyways...might as well make it legal.

SassyFemme said...

If they can fight for their country (or another's), then they might as well drink. Tho I have to admit, KL has a valid point about waiting until after HS, except that from time to time we get a 20 year old senior.

Maria said...

I hate the thought of 18 year olds doing either...but I do agree that if they were legal, some of the shine and sneak factor would come off the drinking thing and maybe they would be less likely to binge.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I agree with you Weese. If you can vote, and be drafted, and have to be responsible for your own bills at 18, then, by golly, let 'em drink keg beer until they puke. Just don't get in a car and drive.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on this one.