Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cultcha

As we settle further and further into the deliciousness of being alone (with Ferris off at college much of the time) we find ourselves discovering and re-discovering all sorts of fun stuff that perhaps we may have inadvertently shelved during the child rearing years.
Some of it I can even blog about ...

Last Thursday...yes, on a school night, we ventured into Manhattan to see a free concert. My musical wife discovered that her mistress would be performing at Lincoln Center's Damrosch park, where each August they do an entire series of concerts called Out of Doors.



It was a fabulous evening. If you are in the neighborhood - I highly recommend it.

As we wandered around Lincoln Center we noticed that tickets for the Metropolitan Opera season were going to be on sale this week.

The opera... how civilized.

So this December we'll be getting all gussied up to see La Damnation de Faust.

6 comments:

LostInColor said...

when I saw your post I was like, what the heck is "cultcha" I better read. Took me awhile. grin. I've never been to an opera, sounds fancy!

Val said...

Seems you guys are gettin' yerselves all cultcha'd, alright! Nice... VERY nice.

SassyFemme said...

On a school night? Impressive! I'd be falling asleep before we got home.

I'm not a fan of opera, but think it's great you're going if it's something you enjoy.

sageweb said...

Oh I am just learning about Opera, from a blogger buddy in Italy..it is so fascinating. I can't wait to go to a real opera...hopefully in Italy. I will feel all fancy then.

Martini Cartwheels said...

Sounds like it was a nice time. I would have to agree with Sassy though - I would never make it on a school night.

Meaner Dog said...

A couple of things. The "Cultcha" got me...took awhile to figure it out. Can't say that I've been to the opera.....wouldn't know how to dress or act. :( What really got me is the whole CT to Manhattan thing. Where I've lived all my life it takes a half day just to get to the state line. Can't imagine doing anything in another state on a "school night". Have fun.