Monday, April 21, 2008

feeling all earthy

It's Earth Week... well, technically tomorrow is Earth Day - but hey, why not stretch it out to a week.
You can read about it EVERYwhere, and get plenty of green tips online, on TV, even in the grocery store.

If you are so inclined to plant a tree, I have a link to the right there. Its nice, because someone else does the digging.

We are also planting some in our back yard.
Well... not exactly digging holes and planting saplings.
We are giving back more of our manicured lawn to the wilderness. It's a win/win situation. Less for us to maintain, more places for wildlife to find refuge in our busy suburban landscape, and all we have to do is sit back and watch it grow.

6 comments:

maxine said...

We planted a tree yesterday and I suspect we will be planting another today. Today's is a fig. Yesterdays? I don't remember the name, but oooooh, pretty. I am sure eb will have posts of pics and bloggy goodness as soon as the planting bug leaves her system. I think she has planted something every day for the past two weeks.

Landlady of Fat said...

We planted a tree this weekend. :)

I'm officially now a tree huggin' hippie.

wooohoooooooo!

sporksforall said...

I tried to pull up dead ivy yesterday, which seems anti-earth day. Until the dead ivy is gone, we can't plant trees. I'm supportive of it, though. Very.

SassyFemme said...

We're not planting anything new, other than flowers, but we are in the process of transplanting a few things. What part of the yard are you giving back to nature?

Val said...

hmmm... hard to 'plant' a tree in a condo... perhaps we need to put a nice pot with a nice plant on the deck... hmmmmm.

Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Not planting anything myself... but for my contribution, I will water the plants for a change. ;)