Tuesday, April 01, 2008

giddy

A friend of mine at work is letting me borrow this...

I am so excited.

Kill A WattTM will measure the wattage that our electrical devices are using simply by plugging them into it.

I am particularly interested in measuring the 'dinosaur that keeps our food chilled'.
In doing some online research I have learned that we may save as much as $120 dollars a year by replacing this ancient beast.
But this nifty little device will give me solid proof where the web-based calculators leave me wondering.

and yes... I am already working on my spreadsheet.

6 comments:

sporksforall said...

When we got a new fridge a few years ago, I discovered that it's fairly easy to get to "energystar" standards with them if you forgo an ice maker. Since our 1950s house is set-up with a water line for one, it was an easy decision. Now, if only it were that easy with the washer/dryer. Post the spreadsheet!

The Guy Who Writes This said...

Very cool. I'm tempted to get one of those devices, though most of our heavy power users are pretty new.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a chore I'll never get around to. But good for you, my friend. I commend you!

SassyFemme said...

Don't you dare let Fran anywhere near that spreadsheet, all we need around here is another spreadsheet of something or another.

Meaner Dog said...

Please do post the results. I'll trust your findings so much more than any energy provider, manufacturer or merchant.

eb said...

spreadsheets make me nervous