Wednesday, June 11, 2008

roots

You know what’s great about living in the same house for over 20 years?

As I was enjoying my breakfast of tofu, flax seed and mixed berries on the patio early Sunday morning, I wallowed in the cool breeze and watched the morning dew lift, reveling in the stillness of our neighborhood on this weekend morning before 8 o’clock.

I reflected back to our first summer here where I can remember like it was yesterday -- rolling out of bed …oh, somewhere around midday maybe, stumbling outside, nauseous and shaky to find broken eggs all over the driveway.
Nothing like cleaning up from a 3 a.m. egg toss on a hot summer day with a hangover.

Ah the good ole days.

5 comments:

Val said...

What a memory! :) But first mornings in a new place warrant those kind of memories!

SassyFemme said...

Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, imagine yourself going from drunken 3 AM egg tosses to breakfasts of tofu, flax seed and berries?

Maria said...

I actually find the egg tossing more palatable than getting up before 8 a.m. on a Sunday and eating flax seed and tofu.....

Anonymous said...

On that long ago morning, nauseous and hung over, did you ever think you'd be eating tofu for breakfast?

Martini Cartwheels said...

I'm getting a headache just thinking about the eggs and the hangover. Ouch.