Monday, June 23, 2008

enchanting evening


Each June New Haven puts on the Arts and Ideas festival with all sorts of music, dance and theatre. Saturday night they traditionally present Opera on the Green.

It's a very well attended event with people turning out with full table settings - linens, candles or candelabras, wine and food and all the accoutrement.
Lovely.

The entire experience was delightful; we had perfect weather, a bottle of red, some snacks and fabulous entertainment.

This year East Village Opera Company performed - they were amazing.


Classic opera melded with classic rock. Think Mozart jamming with Pete Townsend.
They have two fantastic vocalists and when they performed the Flower Duet **, my rather smitten wife turned to me and said

"I think I'm in love."








with this woman... incredible voice and a sensual performer; oh... and she's hot.

Luckily ... my adorable wife went home with me.




Though we stopped to buy a CD ...and to meet the band.
















** renowned in the opera world for its sexual tension and lesbian subtext

3 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

oh yum! :)

SassyFemme said...

Oh she IS hot!

Val said...

Sounds like a great 'date night' to me!