Monday, June 02, 2008

weekend guest

We had a visitor this weekend.

This is Sophie.

Our daughter and her beau spent a weekend seaside so Sophie stayed with us.

The FREE dog seemed pleased to have some company.


I, on the other hand, learned an important lesson.

You see, oh-- so many years ago I got in the habit of calling my adorable wife 'mommy' when referring to her when we were with the kids.
I might say,
"Go ask mommy."
or perhaps
"Tell mommy you're hungry."
See.

Welp... with Sophie - our daughter is mommy. My adorable,yet aging-gracefully wife would then be something like grammy. All weekend I kept correcting myself when talking to the cat. Such as, "Mommy... I mean Grammy is going to come clean your litter box." or "Mommy...argh... I mean Grammy is getting your cat food." Evidently, its a hard habit to break.

Now - this is all very minor in the grand scheme of things. I mean sheesh... its only a cat.

But... what about when its not just a cat.

Luckily, Sophie is coming to stay with us again later this season. I can practice more then.

2 comments:

WenWhit said...

You are ALL so adorable.

Syd said...

Passing the buck on the kitty chores sounds familiar.