Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday

tip-o-day

Did you know that almost all faucets are covered under lifetime warranties?
The manufacturer will send out new parts at no cost - all you need to do is drop them an email.

I did-- just this week on our damned near new kitchen faucet.
The sprayer has begun to leak.

A new one is winging its way to us now.

That warranty won't do you much good though if you don't even know the make or model.


Remember to hang on to all owners manuals. Have a couple of folders all set up in your file cabinet so you can just toss them in without too much fuss. The easier it is to file the more likely you are to do it. I keep a basket on top of our filing cabinet to simply toss things into that I will file when I have a free minute (my organized wife will tell you how full that basket gets... but at least I know where to look if I don't find something in it's folder yet).

When something goes wrong you'll be ready.

2 comments:

dykewife said...

we had owners manuals on things that are long since dead and gone. when we started to get rid of detritus we got rid of them (and their receipts that were stapled inside). at least now we're down to the ones for things we actually have now.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I keep the manual - staple the original receipt inside the front cover, and file it in a special manuals and warranties portfolio.

It's great.